Planning for your family’s future, after you have gone, is a very important legal task.
If you take the time now to make an effective legally binding Will, you can spare your family much stress, time and money during what will undoubtedly be a very difficult time for them.
Kilcoyne Lawyers Wills and Estate Planning lawyers can help with the following:
- Advise you in relation to the Succession Act and Probate and Administration Act in New South Wales
- Write a will that maximises the inheritance for your family
- Creating testamentary trusts
- Creating Special trusts for children with a disability
- Advising you in relation to choosing executors and guardians for minor children
- Minimising the chance of your Will being contested and subject to later litigation
- Advising in relation to estate tax, for example, capital gains tax implications
- Safely storing your Will and other important legal documents
At the same time as considering making your Will, we strongly recommend that you also put in place instruments to safeguard you in the event of any future mental incapacity, such as a Power of Attorney and Appointing an Enduring Guardian.
Good planning now, will ensure that in the event of unforeseen circumstances, you become incapable of making decisions about your finances, or your future medical treatment or living arrangements, then the trusted person(s) you appoint will already be in place, even before you need them, so that there is no delay in decision-making when it is most crucially needed.
Contact us to arrange a consultation with one of our experienced wills lawyers in the Camden area.