Small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
Small businesses have unique legal needs that differ from larger enterprises. Our lawyers focus on this area, so we have the knowledge and expertise to help you achieve success for your small business.
When you work with us, we listen to your goals and tailor our service accordingly.
Our lawyers can help you with all aspects of business law, including:
- Business structures
- Business contracts, including purchase or sale of business
- Independent legal advice for borrowers/guarantors
- Goodwill and valuation of business assets
- Due diligence searches and inspections
- Franchise agreements
- Property and leasing
- Commercial law and small business legal advice
- Assisting with workplace and employment documentation
- Bankruptcy and debt collection
- Tax and finance
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Business succession and asset protection
If you are looking for sensible, small-business focused legal advice, you’ve come to the right place. Our offices are conveniently located in Camden and we can also meet you at your premises.
Business Succession Planning
A business succession plan outlines what will happen and who will take over your business when you leave, whether by choice or by circumstance. The aim is to provide your business with a smooth transition so that disruption is minimised.
Each business is different of course, but you will likely need to consider:
- Goals and objectives of all parties
- Do you require an ongoing income from the business?
- Will you have any future involvement in the company?
- Who is interested in taking over?
- What impact will there be on all members of your family?
- Identify your potential successors
- Objectively assess their capability, needs, commitment, skills and experience
- Consider all the angles
- Minimising Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty and Income Tax for you and your family and remaining partners
- Retirement income planning
- Financial and taxation implications of business transfer
- Small business tax concession
- Contingency planning
- What will happen in the case of catastrophic injury or death?
- Insurance for TPI or death
- Corporate structure issues
- Define roles and responsibilities of current family members and employees
- Company / Family Discretionary Trust / Unit trust
- Business valuation
- Plan to increase the value of the business particularly if it is to be sold
- Exit strategy
- What are the training or mentoring needs of your successor?
- How will you exit and by when?
- Buy / Sell Option Agreements
There are complex issues, spanning legal, financial and management areas. At Kilcoyne Lawyers we can help make sure that you have covered all bases.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced business succession lawyer in the Camden area.